Friday, April 22, 2005

Today's Rotation (20 Songs I heard Today)

1. The Gentrys - “Keep on Dancin’”
2. Captain Beefheart – “Steal Softly Thru Snow”
3. Tampa Red – “Jelly Whipping Blues”
4. David Cross – “Austin Powers Saying ‘Yeah Baby’”
5. The Velvet Underground – “I’m Waiting for The Man”
6. The Barons – “Once In A Lifetime”
7. R.E.M. – “These Days”
8. Vatican Commandos – “Wonder Bread”
9. The Go! Team – “Ladyflash (Hot Chip Remix)
10. Chuck Berry – “Sweet Little Rock and Roller”
11. The Pogues – “A Pair of Brown Eyes”
12. Jonathan Richman – “Important In Your Life”
13. Jenni Alpert – “Simple Mood”
14. Russ Garcia and his Orchestra – “Delicado”
15. Alex Chilton – “Lost My Job”
16. Talking Heads – “Sugar On My Tongue”
17. The Slits – “Typical Girls”
18. Stevie Wonder – “Sir Duke”
19. Horace Andy – “Skylarking”
20. Elvis Costello – “Tokyo Storm Warning”

And Quadrophenia in its entirety. That album was made for headphone listening. Two songs in and I'm 15 again, lying on my bed with the lights out, headphones on, and The Who cranked up.
Jon Mark

No comments: