Friday, March 31, 2006
Thursday, March 30, 2006
NEW YORK - They're kidding, right? VH1 Classic will present a full hour of the English and German music videos for the 1984 hit "99 Luftballons," aka "99 Red Balloons," by German rock group Nena.
The music video presentation, to air Sunday (2 p.m. EST), caps off the cable channel's "Pay to Play for Hurricane Katrina Relief," which raised over $200,000 for Mercy Corps, a humanitarian relief organization.
Viewers could request one video to be played on VH1 Classic for every $25 donation. For a $35,000 donation, they could select an hour's worth of music videos from the 1960s through the early 1990s.
However, one viewer chose something different for his allotted hour, requesting continuous playing of "99 Luftballons," said VH1 spokeswoman Maura Wozniak.
"99 Luftballons" is a Cold-War era protest song that tells the story of 99 red balloons floating into the air, triggering an apocalypse when the military sends planes to intercept them.
Posted by Johnny B at 9:29 AM
Pat's Age-Defying Protein Pancakes can:
* Combat the build-up of plaque in your blood vessels and arteries
* Provide complex carbohydrates to keep your system running at its best
* Provide an excellent source of energy and essential fatty acids, important for good heart health
* Help protect against breast, uterine and prostate cancer
*Topple Hugo Chavez
Posted by Johnny B at 9:05 AM
* Real 14 karat gold chain
* Real GFK Robe
* Gold Chalice with Swarovski crystals
* Each doll will include a Ghostface Killah Doll mixtape dy a world-famous DJ tba
* Real 14 karat gold avenging eagle accessory (extra)
* Each collector will have a 1 in 500 chance to spend a day with Ghostface Killah himself
* Each Doll will come in a limited edition gold sealed box
* Ghostface Killah is fully involved in all aspects of the project from manufacturing to promotion
* Each Doll speaks original recordings of Ghostface Killah catch-phrases
Ghostface Killah Doll
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
He lives on audio tapes, passed through a vast underground fraternity. His sermons have become a "secret handshake" uniting the famous, infamous and unknown.
Friends Seen and Unseen, the debut documentary from genuine human productions chronicles the true story of the Prophet Omega, an obscure radio evangelist in Nashville, Tennessee. Preaching the word from his apartment, number Q258, Omega's identity has never been revealed - until now.
In its guide to the 2000 Nashville Independent Film Festival, the Nashville Scene wrote:
"This half-hour documentary may be the festival's most eagerly anticipated film … (it) should attract every musician in town."
The prediction was true.
Friends Seen and Unseen
Posted by Johnny B at 9:52 AM
Monday, March 20, 2006
Friday, March 17, 2006
I'm not going to go over this whole South Park / Isaac Hayes controversy, (See "Chef Quits Over Scientology Jab") but I did want to share Trey Parker and Matt Stone's response, posted in Variety:
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
Posted by Johnny B at 10:51 AM
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars made from Hemp.
Buy 'em on Amazon
Posted by Johnny B at 9:22 AM